We’ve placed a ban on crappy work within my test team. From now on, we declare that the testing team will refuse to do crappy work.
The challenge is in knowing how you're doing good work or crappy work? This is why I’ve created this simple 5 minute ‘Crappy Work’™ ² test to help any tester to figure out if you’re doing crappy work or not. ¹
1) Do I fully understand what I’ve been asked to do?
2) Why am I doing this task?
3) Who will benefit, and I have spoken to them ?
4) Am I doing this task simply because its part of the process?
5) If I think it’s crappy work, how can I make it valuable?
I’m sure there are plenty more ‘crappy work’ questions that would be useful to add, but my 5 minutes is up.
Why not share your ‘crappy work’ litmus tests?
¹ Maverick Tester takes no responsibility if you take this quiz and continue to do crappy work
² It’s a 5 minute quiz because it took me 5 minutes to think it up. It’s trademarked so I can sell you a certificate in passing the ‘Crappy Work’ test, thereby making a whole lot of money out of it.
Sign in or become a Anne-Marie Charrett member to like this post.